Your help is welcome—and much needed! We’re a diverse PTA, like our school and the communities it serves. We warmly welcome all families, and we want you to participate in a way that’s meaningful and manageable for you! No contribution of time, labor, or money is too small.
Join the PTA
Every parent, teacher, and community member is welcome and encouraged to join the PTA!
Paper: Please download the membership form and return it to the Lowell front office.
Online: Go here and look for Partners At Lowell School PTA in the online join process.
Volunteer at Lowell
Our current volunteer needs are listed below. Needs may change before we can update this list. Also, if you have an idea or a skill that’s not on the list, we’d love to hear it at email@example.com!
Contact the Lowell Elementary Office to help with….
- Lunch/recess monitors, between 11 and 1
- Office help, between 11 and 2
- Bus monitors
- Classroom help/monitors (primarily during the school day, 8:55–3:25, but there might also be some opportunities for helping teachers outside those hours)
- Reading tutors/helpers for two reading programs: Team Read and Global Reading Challenge
Contact us to help with…
- Pickup for Lowell Food Pantry. The Food Pantry needs someone with an open bed truck or minivan who is interested/willing to pick up 15 boxes on Friday mornings from University District Food Bank and deliver to Lowell by 9:30 on Friday morning.
- General PTA help—there are always odd jobs, helping clean classrooms, getting fliers made and distributed, helping with events, etc.
- Help with Events such as Valentines Day dance, African American Parent Involvement Day, and the Move-a-Thon.
- Help find and acquire auction items for our fundraiser.
- Help us reach out and amplify our reach to communities of color, our homeless families, ESL, and Special Education families. If you have a connection to one or more of these communities we’d like your help.
Special or unusual skills we’re looking for: Any experience working with children, fund-raising, event planning, communication/social media, volunteer coordination, and translation (there are many languages spoken at Lowell, including Chinese, Spanish, Amharic, Tigrinya, Somali, Tagalog, and Vietnamese).
It’s easy to get started volunteering, just email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Partner with the PTA
Do you have a business? We can always use in-kind donations, “Dine Out” restaurant hosts, and gifts for fund-raising, and we’re extremely thankful to our community partners. Let us know if you’re interested.
Donate to the PTA
No contribution is too small—even $5 can help. If you are able to donate, please use our Lowell PTA Donation Page, or you can send a check to:
Lowell PTA c/o Lowell Elementary
1058 E Mercer St, Seattle
All donations are tax deductible.
If you are considering a large donation, (>$1000), please contact us directly!
Buy items from an Amazon wishlist for Lowell
Click Here for the wishlist. Item directly support student needs and learning.